A PeaceHealth dietitian offers some do's and don'ts.
Exercise and Fitness
Your body craves exercise—activities that get your blood flowing, strengthen your muscles and stay flexible. Given the numerous benefits of exercise and staying fit, it’s no wonder.
- How to keep your joints healthy as you work out.
- If you have chronic back pain, here are some options to explore.
- A how-to guide to running a marathon for beginners.
- Plus, how to “give back” when you’re already shopping.
- Your body is giving you clues into how it feels when you work out.
- Are you planning a hike this fall? Keep these tips in mind to stay healthy and safe.
- Even moderate amounts of physical exertion in warmer weather can result in heat exhaustion
- Just 60 minutes of any kind of movement can do wonders for kids’ health.
- Listen to music selected by Svetlana Kotova, MD.
- Are you ready to adopt healthier habits? Here's how to plan for your success.
- Pediatricians encourage parents to use the 5-2-1-0 approach to help children build daily health habits. Here’s why.
- Exercise tips for kids and adults.
- Standing, walking and other simple movements throughout the day will help improve your health.
- Exercise can help your mind, body and spirit.
- Focus on a comprehensive physical activity program as you age.
- Try these stretches during your next conference call or binge-watching session.
- Try these easy exercises to prepare your body for your next race
- You don’t have to be sidelined by a heart condition or diabetes
- Race day is getting closer. Do you feel ready?
- This is the halfway mark in the six-week program to help beginning runners prepare for a 5k.
- Keep up your momentum in preparing for a 5k.
- Want to join a race, but feel out of shape? This program will help you ease into preparing for a 5k.
- It's the final countdown. Prepare to see your training pay off.