Peak of summertime freshness.
Is there anything better than a juicy watermelon on a hot summer day? Not much is better but adding feta and cucumber to enjoy it as a salad is a great place to start.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cups cubed watermelon
- 1 heaping cup diced English cucumber
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onions
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/3 cup torn mint or basil leaves
- ½ jalapeno or serrano pepper, thinly sliced, optional
- Sea salt
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, garlic and salt. Set dressing aside.
Arrange the watermelon, cucumber and red onions on a large plate or platter. Drizzle with half the dressing. Top with feta, avocado, mint and pepper, if using, and drizzle with remaining dressing. Season to taste and serve.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
220 calories, 15g fat (3.5g saturated fat), 250mg sodium, 21g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 14g sugar (0g added sugar), 4g fiber
Adapted from: Love & Lemons
Reviewed by PeaceHealth dietitians and nutritionists.