Recipe: Roasted Brussels sprouts in balsamic glaze
December 28, 2021 | Videos | Recipes | Healthy You
Quick and easy side dish.
Brussels sprouts are seeing a resurgence and for good reason. These mini veggies are high in fiber, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved/quartered
- Garlic powder for seasoning
- 1/3 – ½ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon Braggs Liquid Aminos
- Fresh herbs and spices (basil, garlic, ginger, lemon/lime zest, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme), white pepper) &/or dried cranberries, fresh pomegranate, toasted nuts, optional
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
Place trimmed Brussels sprouts on a prepared baking sheet. Spray Brussels sprouts with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with garlic powder. Place in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes or until the Brussels sprouts begin to turn a golden brown.
Meanwhile, in a saucepan bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer. Continue to simmer for about 2-3 minutes or until thick and starts looking syrupy. Adjust heat as necessary to prevent burning. Remove from heat source and whisk in maple syrup, lime juice and Braggs Liquid Aminos.
Transfer roasted Brussels sprouts to a serving platter and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Optional: Sprinkle with fresh herbs and spices (basil, garlic, ginger, lemon/lime zest, oregano, rosemary, sage, thyme, white pepper) &/or dried cranberries, fresh pomegranate, toasted nuts.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
70 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 50mg sodium, 14g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 4g fiber
Recipe from Cecelia Jacobson, Registered Dietitian for the Oregon Heart and Vascular Institute at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend