Flavorful veggies (or fruits) from the grill.
This summer, try grilling a new combination of fruit and vegetables for your gatherings - whether you prefer to skewer your veggies or put them in a foil pouch. We hope this inspires you to try a variation that you haven’t had before.
- 1 pound summer squash, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 pound bell peppers, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and/or green beans, snap peas
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, halved or quartered
- ¼ to ½ onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Desired herbs (e.g. rosemary, thyme, oregano, sage, etc.)
Preheat grill (or oven if cooking indoors) to 400 degrees.
For foil pouch: Coat heavy duty foil with non-stick cooking spray or drizzle a little avocado oil on foil.
Place the veggies in the center of the foil. Use vegetables of similar density in the foil pouch. Place desired herbs in with your veggies.
Grill veggies until fork-tender, about 20 to 30 minutes depending on density of veggies.
Remove from grill, and season with salt, pepper and/or garlic as desired and serve.
For skewer: Preferred veggies can also be prepared on a skewer. Remember to turn skewered veggies halfway through the cooking process to cook evenly.
Note: You may also substitute with other desired vegetables e.g. cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, chopped potatoes or corn on the cob.
Nutrition Facts (per ½ cup serving): 35 calories, 0g fat, 75mg sodium, 7g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 3g fiber