Inpatient stroke unitStaff is specially trained to reduce complications of strokes, educate patients and families,and provide the latest in stroke management.
We work with you to lower your risk of a repeat stroke through working with patients, families and caregivers to:
- start secondary stroke prevention such as medications that work on blood to reduce the likelihood of clots forming
- teach you how to manage your stroke risk factors through lifestyle changes
- evaluate for inpatient rehabilitation
- physical and function status
- swallowing function
- nutritional status
- screen for depression
You can help your recovery even before you have a stroke. Learn the warning signs or symptoms of a brain attack (stroke). Get medical attention immediately if you experience any of these signs. The sooner we can start treating you, the better your chances of getting back to life as you knew it.
Caring for you continues through outpatient care:
- Therapies for physical, speech, balance, and everyday activities are available with your doctor's prescription
- Support groups are available for stroke survivors and caregivers
400 NE Mother Joseph PlVancouver, WA 98664