Pharmacy Residency Program at St. Joseph Medical Center
Program Purpose: PGY1 pharmacy residency programs build on Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) education and outcomes to contribute to the development of clinical pharmacists responsible for medication-related care of patients with a wide range of conditions, eligible for board certification, and eligible for postgraduate year two (PGY2) pharmacy residency training.
PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center’s Pharmacy Residency Program is ASHP (American Society of Health-System Pharmacists) accredited. Our post Doctor of Pharmacy residency is a one year, full time PGY-1 program with residents gaining acute care pharmacy practice experience in:
- Medication management and monitoring through collaborative practice
- Educating health care professionals and students
- Project management
- Formulary management
- Managing or improving the medication use process
Residents have the opportunity to learn from knowledgeable pharmacy staff and BCPS (Board-certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist) pharmacists. While we challenge residents to progress their skills and knowledge as a pharmacist practitioner, we also encourage them to enjoy all that Bellingham has to offer.
Our residency program tailors each resident’s experience based on individual interests and career goals. Residents develop advanced knowledge and skills in clinical areas of contemporary pharmacy practice and in comprehensive pharmaceutical care.
The PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center Residency Program recruits for two residency positions from candidates throughout the United States.
Online application process
- We suggest you begin your application process in November or December, as all materials must be submitted by early January.
- Residents must apply and submit required materials using ASHP’s PhORCAS website.
- See PhORCAS for application deadlines. Three references are required for PhORCAS application.
Why Do Your Pharmacy Residency at PeaceHealth St. Joseph?
American Society of Health-System Pharmacists Accredited
The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) is a nationally recognized, member organization, working on behalf of pharmacists to improve medication use and enhance patient safety. Our Pharmacy Residency Program has been measured against universal quality standards to achieve ASHP Accreditation.
Our team is highly educated. We have a very high ratio of Board-certified and residency trained pharmacists on our staff.
- Great balance of residency responsibilities and quality of life
- PeaceHealth Mission & Core Values
- Great neighborhood - close to mountains and snow skiing, ocean, islands, close proximity to Seattle and Vancouver, B.C.