Choosing a Weight-Loss Program
If you decide to join a weight-loss program, here are some questions to ask before you join:
- Does the program provide counseling?
- Is the staff qualified?
- Will the weight stay off? The program should help you get past common problems in keeping the weight off. This help could include things like setting up a support system.
- What can you eat? The program should consider your food likes and dislikes and your lifestyle.
- What type of exercise will you do?
- What are the risks? Find out if there are side effects from using the program.
- Does it work? What percentage of people get to the maintenance phase of the program?
- What is the total cost? Are there fees or costs for tests, food, or dietary supplements?
Current as of:
March 1, 2023
Author: Healthwise Staff
E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine
Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine
Martin J. Gabica MD - Family Medicine
Rhonda O'Brien MS, RD, CDE - Certified Diabetes Educator
Current as of: March 1, 2023
Medical Review:E. Gregory Thompson MD - Internal Medicine & Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine & Martin J. Gabica MD - Family Medicine & Rhonda O'Brien MS, RD, CDE - Certified Diabetes Educator