Who We Are:
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center Trauma is a team of physicians trained in the treatment of patients with severe traumas. These surgeons are trained in:
- Surgical critical care
- General surgery
- Neuro-critical care
- Expertise in the diagnosis, treatment and support of critically ill and injured patients
What We Do:
The physicians care for ICU and trauma patients at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. The PeaceHealth Southwest Trauma Center is a state designated center equipped to handle any complexity and severity of a trauma. The center has a multi-disciplinary team consisting of:
- Trauma surgeons with expertise in surgical critical care, neuro-critical care, and acute surgical illness.
- Orthopedic surgeons with special expertise in complex orthopedic injuries including complex pelvic fractures.
- Neuro-surgeons trained in all aspects of managing traumatic brain and spine injuries.
- Trauma radiology with highly advanced interventional capabilities for the management of highly complex traumatic injuries and their complications.
- Emergency Medicine Specialists with expertise in the stabilization of acute, life-threatening illness.
In addition, the trauma center has collaborative clinic services including:
- Physical therapists
- Experts in rehabilitation medicine
- Highly specialized nursing care
- Infectious Disease
- Pulmonary / Intensivist
The physician assistant (PA) and surgeons work with these clinics to provide follow-up care for those who have been hospitalized for trauma injuries at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. They work closely with the clinics and insurance companies to make sure you get back to a healthy you.