Mayo-free potato salad
Make this healthy and flavorful green bean potato salad for your next potluck or any summer night. The tangy mustard pairs well with the creamy potatoes and crunchy green beans.
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon Gold, fingerling or other waxy potatoes, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1-pound green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces or 1 can low-sodium cut and trimmed green beans
- 1 medium onion of choice (red, purple, white, yellow, sweet, etc.) diced into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
In a medium pot, cover the potatoes with boiled water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to a gentle boil. Cook until tender, but not falling apart, about 10-12 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water.
Steam the green beans until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Rinse under cold water.
In a large bowl, whisk together the mustard, oil, vinegar and salt. Gently toss the potatoes, green beans and onion in the dressing.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
130 calories, 4g fat, 19g carbohydrates, 4g fiber, 3g protein, 190mg sodium
Adapted from: Katie Sherwood, Center for Science in the Public Interest
Reviewed by PeaceHealth dietitians and nutritionists