Yogurt cucumber dip recipe.
Bursting with hints of cucumber, lemon, dill and Greek yogurt, it's a zesty addition to any meal. Serve it as a dip, in a wrap, or in a gyro.
- ½ large cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or finely minced
- ½ tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, juice of ¼ lemon
- 1 + ½ tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Grate the cucumber and drain through cheesecloth, fine mesh sieve or using your hands.
Transfer the drained cucumber to a medium bowl. Add the yogurt, garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving to allow the flavors to infuse the yogurt.
Garnish with a spring of fresh dill and a swirl of olive oil.
Nutrition Facts (per serving):
47 calories, 2.7g fat, 85.7mg sodium, 2.6g carbohydrates, 3.4g protein
Adapted from: Ahead of Thyme
Reviewed by PeaceHealth dietitians and nutritionists.