What can you control to lower your risk for heart disease?
Heart disease and stroke can strike without warning. What can you do to lower your risk for both?
- Quit smoking of any kind.
- Keep your blood pressure at a healthy level.
- Make sure your cholesterol levels are where they should be.
- If you have diabetes, manage (or even reverse) the condition by controlling your blood sugars.
- Maintain a healthy weight for your body type/height.
- Manage your stress levels.
- Address conditions such as metabolic syndrome.