High volumes and minimally invasive orthopedic procedures contribute to our excellent patient outcomes.
Each year, our nationally recognized orthopedic surgeons perform more than 1,500 joint replacement surgeries of the knee, hip and shoulder.
Orthopedic surgery is performed in our Smart Operating Rooms. These surgical suites and the private patient rooms in our dedicated orthopedic unit were designed to meet the needs of patients and their families.
Among our innovations in orthopedic care:
- Nationally recognized total joint replacement program.
- Trauma Team includes specially trained orthopedic traumatologists who treat the most complex fractures and patients with multiple injuries.
- Advances in technology. Surgeons work closely with developers of artificial joints and other new devices, making sure you receive the newest and most effective technology.
- Advances in surgical techniques. They include a Sacred Heart surgeon who was the first in Oregon to perform hip replacement using a less-invasive anterior (from the front) approach. This approach reduces trauma to the muscle and speeds recovery.
- Reductions in post-surgical pain. Techniques such as peripheral nerve blocks help patients move, exercise, participate in therapy and leave the hospital sooner.