How to apply
Learn more about our requirements and application process for PeaceHealth's Family Medicine Residency Program.
How to apply
- Submit your application
- Submit an application through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) between September 15th and October 31st.
- Please note that while we will continue to review applications until October 31st, most of our interview slots are filled by the beginning of October. We recommend applying as early as possible.
- Updates to active applications that are submitted during this time can be made after October 31st.
Applicants will be reviewed and notified of their application status as soon as possible.
- Applicants selected for interviews will be provided with available interview and/or waitlist dates.
- IMPORTANT: If you are selected, please review the Curriculum Overview for Residency Applicants (PowerPoint) prior to your call.
- Applicants will be selected soon after the interview process.
All first year residency applications are selected through the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP). Learn more about the minimum eligibility requirements and criteria.
Medical student rotations
Family Medicine of Southwest Washington and PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center offer four-week Family Medicine sub-internship rotations to qualifying 4th year medical students. This is a robust experience that includes time in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Two-weeks are spent at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center participating as an Inpatient Medicine team member.
- A third week will give you the opportunity to work with our OB/Peds team at the PHSW Family Birth Center.
- Lastly, one week will be spent at our outpatient clinic where you will work in our continuity clinic and in sub-specialties such as procedures, HIV Care, Sports Medicine, and GYN Clinics.
Sub-internship rotations do not guarantee an interview invitation from our residency program, however, these experiences will primarily be used for students applying to our residency program. We will accept applications for sub-internships the first week of March. Applications may be requested by contacting Krista Angel, Residency Program Coordinator.
Please let us know if you have any questions about the application process.
Krista Angel, Residency Program Coordinator
Attn: Family Medicine of SW Washington
PO Box 1600
Vancouver, WA 98668
Family Medicine of SW Washington
100 E. 33rd Street, Suite 100
Vancouver, WA 98663