VANCOUVER, Wash. – PeaceHealth recently unveiled its 2023 systemwide Mission and Values Award recipients. The annual awards recognize inspiring employees (who PeaceHealth refers to as “caregivers”) who are living PeaceHealth’s Mission and Values of Respect, Social Justice, Collaboration and Stewardship, every day.
Five caregivers — from the communities of Ketchikan, Alaska; Bellingham and Vancouver, Washington; and Springfield, Oregon — were selected for this special honor from a group of approximately 80 caregivers and teams recognized during virtual celebrations held in each PeaceHealth community in January.
The winners are:
- Overall Award: Brian Nelson, sustainability program manager, PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, Vancouver, Washington. Learn more.
- Respect Award: Tricia Griffin, RN, Home and Community, Bellingham, Washington. Learn more.
- Collaboration Award: Pat Stack, childcare center manager, PeaceHealth Ketchikan Medical Center, Alaska. Learn more.
- Social Justice Award: Keila Torres, director of nursing, PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, Bellingham, Washington. Learn more.
- Stewardship Award: Tina Noland, supply chain manager, PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, Springfield, Oregon. Learn more.
About PeaceHealth: PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Washington, is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. The Sisters shared expertise and transferred wisdom from one medical center to another, always finding the best way to serve the unmet need for healthcare in their communities. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of the founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission. Visit us online at peacehealth.org.