As we continue to focus on social distancing to flatten the curve, your efforts are working, and we can begin to plan for a future where some restrictions are lifted. While we are not out of the woods yet and must continue to stay the current course, we are beginning to look ahead to recovery efforts.
In the meantime, we encourage you to continue focusing on your own health and wellness for everything not related to COVID-19.
- According to a statement by the American Hospital Association, there has been a drop in non-COVID-19 patients across the U.S.
- While stay-at-home orders are a large contributing factor, there is a growing concern among the healthcare community that patients, even those with severe illnesses, are avoiding hospitals out of fear.
- Unfortunately, delaying necessary care could cause long-term damage to your health.
Your safety and the safety of our caregivers is our top priority, and we continue to take the necessary precautions based on the most recent recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to ensure that any COVID-19 patients are not only cared for, but in strict isolation away from general hospital areas.
Do not hesitate to seek the critical/emergency care you or your loved ones may need. We know that all health issues continue during a pandemic. It is important to remember that our clinics and hospitals are open for necessary appointments (including recommended checkups and emergency surgeries).
If you need care:
- Call your provider’s office or chat with your provider via My PeaceHealth.
- You can set up a telephone visit.
- Video visits with primary care providers are now available.
We also wanted to extend a heartfelt thank you for your incredible support during this time. From the first responder parades to the generous donations of personal protective equipment occurring across our communities, it is these moments and acts of selflessness that continue to keep our spirits high.
Stay safe, and again, if you think you need care, please use one of the channels above to contact us.
We are here for you.