As you or your loved ones age, consider seeing a geriatric or senior health care specialist. These specialists can help handle some of the changes that come with aging.* In addition to primary medical care, the Center assists in connecting patients to additional services within the community.
Center benefits include:
- Accommodations for wheelchairs and walkers.
- Exam chairs that raise and lower mechanically to aid patients.
- Computers in each exam room that allow the care provider immediate access to the patient’s medical records.
- Patient medications listed in the record. The providers are alerted to allergies or potential drug interactions.
- The ability to fax prescriptions to pharmacies. This reduces wait times for patients.
*Adults age 65 and over who are covered by Medicare Parts A and B.
At the Center for Senior Health, patient care is coordinated by a team of professionals who work together to deliver a continuum of care, from routine exams to compassionate care at the end of life. The team includes doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses and a social worker, all of whom are skilled in the care of seniors.