About Southwest Medical Center
Community Health Board
PeaceHealth is guided by the PeaceHealth System Board of Directors and by Community Health Boards in each of our network service areas in Oregon, Washington and Alaska.
These volunteer board members are community leaders who fully partner with PeaceHealth in making and supporting decisions based on our Mission and Values as well as our Vision for the organization—that every person receives safe, compassionate care: every time, every touch.
- Rainy Atkins, Chair
- Andrew Silver, Vice-Chair
- Alan Melnick, M.D., Secretary
- Barbe West, Immediate Past Chair
- Sister Charlotte Davenport
- Karen Edwards, Ed.D.
- John Deeder
- John McDonagh
- John Greves, M.D.
- Vanessa Gaston
- Sean Gregory, (Voting, ex-officio), Chief Executive, Columbia Network
- Andrea King, M.D. (Voting, ex-officio), President of the Medical Staff, PHSW
Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC)
The goal of our PFAC is to make care more accessible and understandable for patients and their families.
Our PFAC has given valuable input into countless projects to improve the patient experience, including:
- Patient education and marketing materials such as brochures, patient letters and new patient packets.
- Phone system improvements.
- Enhanced scheduling process for patients, standards for patient communication during appointments and more.
- A new visit and annual exam questionnaire.
- Questionnaire for social determinants of health.
- Recommendations for patient survey methodology and questions.
The PFAC meets from 5 to 7 p.m. on the first Monday of every month, except in July and August.
We ask for a two-year commitment, if possible.