Did you know that giving elevates your health and well-being?
Here are six ways that giving to others can make a difference in your health:
- In studies, people were asked to give to others or spend on themselves. The group that gave to others was measurably happier.
- You might notice a boost in your moods and feel less stressed when you give.
- Studies show that givers are happier than nongivers by 43 percent.
- Giving time and resources has been shown to lower the risk of dying over a five-year period (compared to those who don't give).
- People in both rich and poor countries report greater life satisfaction when they give to charity.
- When we give, we get a dose of oxytocin, a feel-good hormone, that helps us feel connected and empathetic to others.