For Identifying & Treating Conditions
Imaging is a powerful tool used by health care providers to:
- Diagnose illness or injury
- Confirm diagnosis
- Guide treatment
- Screen for disease
Types of Tests & What They're For
- CT Scan (computed tomography) for internal organs
- Bone densitometry (DEXA) for gauging density of bone
- MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) for internal organs & tissues
- Ultrasound for pregnancies or other internal areas
- X-ray for bones
Imaging at PeaceHealth
Other outpatient diagnostic imaging exams in the Bellingham area are referred to Mt. Baker Imaging. Several of the imaging locations are conveniently located at or near outlying medical group clinics. View Mt. Baker Imaging locations.
The amount of time it takes to get the results back will depend on the test. It usually takes less than a week. You can view your results online, if you use PeaceHealth PatientConnection. This free service is available to all PeaceHealth patients. Sign up or test drive PatientConnection.
The provider who ordered the test will review the results and will let you know if you need any follow-up care based on the results.