The PeaceHealth trauma and acute care surgery team strives to meet the needs of the community. Our services are accessible and responsive. We want your patients to receive the best care and get back to living life.
Examples of patients that have been transferred to us have been:
- Patients with TBI or intracranial blood (i.e. SAH, SDH), with no available neurosurgeon
- Patients with complex pelvic fractures
- Patients with necrotizing soft tissue infection with no available surgeon
- Patients with a common bile duct stone that have no available ERCP
- Patients that need to undergo an interventional radiology procedure that is not available at their institution
All trauma transfers will have to go through the PeaceHealth Southwest Emergency Department
- Please push ALL images to us immediately upon accepting the transfer
- We do NOT treat burn patients. All burn patients go directly to Legacy Emanuel Burn Center
- We do NOT admit any trauma patient 14 years of age or younger. We will take part in the initial trauma assessment, but if admission is needed, the child will be transferred to a Level I pediatric center:
- We do NOT operate on children 14 years of age or younger (unless the child is in extremis), i.e. appendicitis:
- We do NOT do ECMO. Any patient that needs ECMO is transferred to Legacy Emanuel ECMO center.
- We do NOT do hyperbaric oxygen therapy.