Schizophrenia: Social Skills Training
Social skills training helps you get along better with other people in daily life, at work, and in social situations. These classes also help you develop skills for your personal relationships and can help you learn how to take care of yourself.
In all classes, you'll become aware of and try to change symptoms of schizophrenia that may make it hard to interact with other people. Your training may help you:
- Make better eye contact.
- Respond more quickly to others.
- Smile, frown, or use facial expressions that fit the situation.
- Talk as loudly or softly as needed.
You'll also learn skills that will help you with your treatment. These may include:
- How to manage your medicines.
- How to tell if your medicine is causing side effects and what to do.
- How to know if you're having a relapse and what to do.
- How to find the help you need.
Current as of:
October 20, 2022
Author: Healthwise Staff
Kathleen Romito MD - Family Medicine
Christine R. Maldonado PhD - Behavioral Health
Current as of: October 20, 2022