Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a medically supervised program of progressive exercise and education for individuals with breathing problems and lung disorders.
We are accredited by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR). This certification recognizes programs that adhere to the highest standards and guidelines developed and published by a group of professional societies in the field.
Our goal is to increase our patients' understanding about their conditions and treatments, improve their quality of life and offer the support and motivation needed to make important lifestyle changes.
Patients must have a signed referral from a physician and authorization from their insurance company to participate.
During Your Visit
- Bring the completed questionnaire that was mailed to you with you to your initial visit as well as your insurance card.
- Wear clothes and shoes that you will be comfortable walking in.
- On your first visit, you will meet with a respiratory therapist who will review your medical history, evaluate your pulmonary status and perform a six-minute walk test.
INSPIRATION Support Group
Individuals living with pulmonary disease are invited to attend this support group facilitated by Registered Respiratory Therapists.
- Time: First Wednesday Every Month
- Location: PeaceHealth United General Medical Center
- Topics: Pulmonary Disease-Related/Vary Monthly
Visit our class calendar at Healthy You to learn more.
Licensed respiratory therapists, along with other health specialists, help you learn how to live with lung disease and get back into shape. Under the direction of a board-certified pulmonologist, our team of specialized respiratory therapists assists patients in improving their breathing and to restore the ability to function independently.