Training Info for New Caregivers
CareConnect (EPIC) is the electronic medical record system used by PeaceHealth.
Check with your hiring leader to confirm if you are registered for any CareConnect Orientation (CCO) training specific to your new role. These courses are assigned as part of your introductory activities. Our goal is to ensure that all Caregivers have an optimal CareConnect learning experience.
If you are unable to attend your scheduled session, our Training Logistics Coordinators will assist in scheduling you for the next cycle of class offerings. In the interim, your login to CareConnect will be active, and we encourage you to pair with a preceptor for on-the-job training.
Who should attend?
- Caregivers and providers that are new to PeaceHealth and will use CareConnect (Epic) in their role (even if they’ve already used another EHR).
- Caregivers returning to PeaceHealth after not having used CareConnect (Epic) for more than 6 months.
- Caregivers and providers who are transferring departments and have not received training for the CareConnect (Epic) module(s) required for their new role.
What is the registration process?
- New caregivers and providers are automatically registered into their required classes when their hiring process is complete.
- Training for transferring caregivers or providers should be requested by their manager.
Preparing for a Successful Learning Experience
- Know where you’re going. Note that its likely your various orientation activities will take place in multiple locations. Review all training notifications carefully to confirm where your class will take place.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start time, for in-seat classes, so you can check in and get settled.
- Wear layers to accommodate fluctuating room temperatures.
- Bring refreshments as they may not be readily available in your training location, and you may not have time to buy something at breaks.
- Microsoft Teams Virtual Sessions – For the best learning experience possible, it is essential that caregivers be on a PeaceHealth campus with two monitors and a headset.
How to contact us regarding your CareConnect Training
- Email: CareConnectTraining@PeaceHealth.org. For urgent assistance on the day of your training session, please call our Service Desk at ext. 6464 or (800) 452-1425
- For questions regarding other orientation activities and schedules (beyond CareConnect training) please contact your manager.