Physical medicine and rehabilitation (PM&R) provides integrated rehabilitation care in the treatment of all conditions related to the brain, muscles, and bones. Often referred to as a physiatrist, these medical providers help those who have had a stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, bone or joint pain, back and spine issues, work injuries or chronic pain. Our providers use conservative methods to help decrease pain and improve function and performance. We also perform electrodiagnostic studies (EMG and NCV) and offer Botox treatment for spasticity.
Our staff is dedicated to determining the cause of pain or limitations and then developing the best plan of management. Working together with other physicians, psychologists, nurses, and therapists, they help their patients return to their highest levels of independent functioning.
- Frequently asked questions about PM
- American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- American Academy of Pain Medicine
- American Stroke Association
- National Stroke Association
- American Spinal Injury Association
- Amputee Coalition of America
- Brain Injury Association of America
LocationsClick here for locations and contact information.