Cancer support groups
Finding Strength and Encouragement through Cancer Support GroupsPeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center offers individual counseling for cancer patients and families, as well as support groups, chaplain services, and social work. Cancer education and support groups include:
- Living with Cancer (for anyone who has or has had cancer, and those who care about them)
- Caregivers (for those caring for a loved one who as cancer)
- Prostate Cancer Education and Support Group
- Breast Cancer Education and Support Group
- Young Women with Breast Cancer (especially for women 40 years old and younger)
- Gynecological Cancer Education and Support
- American Cancer Society's Look Good, Feel Better program
Most support groups are held in the Health Education Center of PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center. There is no need to preregister.
Why Attend a Support Group?A support group is a place where people with cancer and their loved ones can share their experiences, strengths and hopes in an atmosphere that is supportive, safe and confidential. Support groups give you the opportunity to become active partners in treatment by providing a place to:
- Meet and share with others who have cancer or who have a loved one with cancer.
- Dispel myths about cancer.
- Learn accurate information about the disease and treatment.
- Overcome the isolation that may be experienced by cancer patients and families.
- Learn to cope with the emotional impact of cancer.
- Learn how to improve the quality of life with cancer by increasing positive emotions.
400 NE Mother Joseph PlVancouver, WA 98664