Help for Managing Diabetes
Millions of Americans have diabetes, a lifelong condition that can lead to serious health problems. Millions more are at risk of getting it. Learn more about diabetes.
With the right care and healthy habits, people who have diabetes can keep the condition under control and enjoy active lives.
Diabetes Wellness at PeaceHealth
We offer a comprehensive approach to care that promotes better day-to-day management of your diabetes.
Our Diabetes Wellness team, which includes a registered nurse educator, a registered dietitian, a foot care specialist and your primary-care physician, works together to coordinate the care of each patient for the best possible results.
Program services include:
- An overall plan made especially for you, after you've met one-on-one with the Nurse Educator and/or Registered Dietitian
- Monthly group Diabetes Education Classes
- Insulin injection instruction
- Guidance from a Registered Dietitian, who can give you advice on diet, food and nutrition that fits your personal eating preferences, lifestyle and other health goals
- Foot and Nail Care provided by a licensed health-care professional
380 Ninth St.
Florence, OR 97439