Chemo. One simple word can bring to mind a barrage of frightening images. But along with other advances in cancer treatment, chemotherapy has also evolved. If chemo is a part of your treatment plan, then you’ll discover that PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center’s Oncology Infusion Center offers patients the best of both worlds – high-tech therapies and high-touch delivery.
At the Oncology Infusion Center, we’ve created a warm, safe space for patients to relax while receiving infusions. Experienced oncology-certified nurses administer the strictly regulated chemotherapy treatments you need while specially trained volunteers provide the comfort you want - a cozy blanket, snacks and good company. Your treatments may even be administered in a private room. And of course, your loved ones are always welcome.
We provide a variety of services at the Oncology Infusion Center for patients fighting cancer and other health issues.
Our infusion services include:
- Chemotherapy, along with a wide range of specialized infusions (Crohn's disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, autoimmune diseases, etc.)
- Antibiotic, iron/ferrlecit infusions and antibiotics delivered by easily portable CADD pump
- Blood product transfusions and plasma aphaeresis (removal and transfusion) with the American Red Cross
- PICC line placements and ultrasound-guided PICC line placements
- Central line port access management
- Supportive care for pregnancy-induced nausea and vomiting
Specialized therapies include:
- Therapeutic phlebotomies
- Anti-coagulation therapy
- Cortisol stimulation testing
- Immune globulin