EMERGENCY, DIAL 911
- People and technology are ready to handle any life-threatening emergency
- Comprehensive services and board-certified specialists are available 24/7
- State of the art equipment (MRI, CT scanner, digital radiography) directly adjacent to the ED for faster diagnosis
- 44 private, single-patient rooms
- The waiting room fireplace provides a relaxed environment for patients and family members with adjacent Children’s playroom
ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center
The Emergency Department at RiverBend serves as the entrance to Sacred Heart’s Level II Trauma Center, which is staffed and equipped to provide the highest level of care to severely injured adults and children.
- Immediate availability—24 hours a day—surgeons, anesthesiologists, neurosurgeons, and other physician specialists ready to handle your injury
- Serves an 8-county region in Western and Southern Oregon (Lane, Linn, Douglas, Coos, Curry, Josephine, Jackson, and Klamath counties)
- Elevators provide direct access to the Emergency Department from helicopters arriving at the hospital’s helipad.
Emergency Surgical Services
The Emergency Department at RiverBend serves as the entrance to Sacred Heart’s Emergency Surgical Services. Its core group of physicians are trained in trauma, critical care, and all aspects of general surgical care. Many are nationally recognized for their work in clinical care and the advancement of research related to acute surgical conditions.
- State of the art operating suites available 24/7/365./li>
- Complimented by a larger group of surgical subspecialists that bring nuanced decision making and technique to any surgical disease.
- Comprehensive Intensive Care Unit with 24-hour in-house surgical coverage.
DNV Comprehensive Stroke Center
The Comprehensive Stroke Center is part of the Stroke Center at Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, a premier regional provider of neurological, neurosurgical, and rehabilitative care in a patient-focused teaching and research environment.
ACC Accredited Chest Pain Center
If you or someone you are with begins to have chest discomfort, pain, shortness of breath, or any other sign/symptom of a heart attack, call 9-1-1 immediately. Never drive yourself unless you have absolutely no other choice. Upon arrival at the Emergency Department, you will be quickly treated using state-of-the-art technologies and medicine.
PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center offers an Emergency Hyperbaric Center for those acutely injured with decompression sickness, carbon monoxide poisoning, and other emergent health issues.
Office of EMS, Injury Prevention and Trauma Education
PeaceHealth supports Emergency Medical Services, Critical Care Transport, and trauma care providers and agencies through education, medical protocol integration, and quality improvement services.