KETCHIKAN MEDICAL CENTER EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
We are a Level IV trauma center and are open 24 hours a day. We offer efficient and compassionate emergency treatment using improved processes and advanced technology. Patients may enter the Emergency Department from Carlanna Lake Road.
Emergency Department (ED) Services
- Assessment and treatment of any life-threatening emergency
- Comprehensive services and board-certified specialists available 24 hours a day
- Electronic patient tracking system to reduce wait times
- Imaging equipment (MRI, CT scanner, digital radiography) located adjacent to the ED for faster diagnosis
- Single-patient rooms to assure patient privacy, infection control, and a calm, quiet atmosphere
- Spiritual Care Services
- Financial Counseling
Critical Access Hospital
Enter the Critical Access Hospital (CAH) through the Emergency Department. The CAH provides the highest level of care to severely injured adults and children from throughout Southeast Alaska. Our surgeons, anesthesiologists, physician specialists, nurses, and support services are available 24 hours a day.
Ketchikan Medical Center's emergency room physicians are independent contractors employed by National Emergency Services (NES) and are not employees of the hospital. If you need assistance regarding a bill received for physician services in the emergency department, please contact Probill.