PeaceHealth in Florence offers a team approach to your diabetes care that will promote better day-to-day management of your diabetes. The Diabetes Team includes your primary care physician, a registered nurse educator, a registered dietitian, and a foot care specialist.
The services offered include:
- An individualized diabetes assessment developed through a one-to-one consultation with the Nurse Educator and/or Registered Dietitian
- Group Diabetes Education Classes offered monthly
- Insulin injection instruction
- Consultation with a registered dietitian, who can advise you on diet, food and nutrition that will take into consideration your personal eating preferences, lifestyle and other health goals
- Foot and Nail Care provided by a licensed health care professional
Each team member communicates with diabetic patients who are in Peace Harbor Hospital or in the office. They also consult others on patient progress to ensure the best possible outcome.
The Diabetes Team at PeaceHealth in Florence has helped many patients improve blood sugar control.