Volunteer at Southwest Medical Center
Are you ready to become a volunteer?
Volunteers have an important role in helping PeaceHealth Southwest serve you and your family. Our volunteers are special people who choose to give their time, talents and energy to improve the lives of others.
Volunteers assist in nearly every area of the medical center. They are often the first face you see when you enter the hospital.
If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, you’re sure to find the perfect way to fill your time - and your heart.
Becoming a Volunteer
Volunteer Services is a highly structured program, with an average of 350 active, dedicated volunteers providing excellent service to our staff, patients, and guests. Adult, Junior and Community volunteers donate over 70,000 hours per year. Volunteers typically serve one four-hour shift per week.
Volunteers provide service throughout PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center including our Gift Shop, Emergency Department, Intensive Care Units, Surgery Waiting Rooms, Medical and Surgical Nursing Units, the Kearney Breast Care Center, Outpatient Infusion Oncology, and Information/Reception Desks. Among our newer volunteer programs are an Activity Cart for patients, the post-operative Joint Journey program and a position in the Emergency Department interacting and assisting patients while they are waiting in triage. PeaceHealth Southwest also has very talented musicians who volunteer their time playing the grand piano in the Angelo Lobby as well as their own instruments.
In addition to our volunteers in the hospital and clinics, we are fortunate to have Community Volunteers who knit, crochet and sew various projects such as comfort quilts, baby hats and baby blankets. Please check with the Volunteer Office with questions about what type of yarn and fabric is requested.
Are you ready to become a volunteer at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center? Please follow these simple steps to begin the process!
- Download an Adult or a Youth Application (14-18 high school student), call 360-514 - 2035 or come by the hospital to pick one up. We will contact you via email when you return your application prior to the next orientation.
- Review the background screening document. This is a complete packet with all disclosures if you would like to review. The first page is included in the application packets.
- Attend New Volunteer Orientation. Orientations are held monthly and are about 2 hours in length.
Vaccination records will be reviewed by Employee Health and an appointment will be set for a blood draw to screen for TB. Training date(s) will be scheduled with a PeaceHealth Southwest professional.
- Start volunteering!
Ways to Submit your application (it is a double sided form so complete both sides)
- Email: PHSW-VolunteerServices@peacehealth.org
- Mail: P.O. Box 1600, Vancouver, WA 98668: Attention Volunteer Services
- Drop Off your Application at Volunteer Office: 92nd Ave. entrance Monday through Friday 8am - 4pm.
Call us at (360) 514 - 2035 if you have any questions.
We look forward to having you join our family of volunteers!