How to HelpThe Landing is a grief and loss program modeled after and mentored by The Dougy Center in Portland, Ore. Peer supported groups meet twice monthly for 1 ½ hours in a safe, friendly home. There is no formal counseling or therapy. The children do all their own work through circle time and free play. The groups are facilitated by trained volunteers.
We offer services to families in Skagit, Island, and North Snohomish counties. Our services are free to families. We do not receive insurance reimbursements or government funding. The Landing is staffed by trained volunteers ranging from 16 years of age to 75 years of age.
ParticipateThe Landing could not operate without our dedicated group of volunteers. We are completely reliant on contributions from individuals, businesses, clubs, organization, and foundation. Families contribute as they are able.
- Sponsor a room (art, play, resource volcano, sitting room or outside area)
- Donate (individual or corporate)
- Organize or help with a work party
- Grants, grant writing
- Fundraising assistance with signature event (individual or group fundraising)
- Make referrals
- Spread the word to other organizations
- Host a presentation to your group or organization
PeaceHealth United General Medical Center
2000 Hospital DrSedro-Woolley, WA 98284