Take Heart Screening
While a physical exam from your doctor covers a broad range of general health matters, The Cardiovascular Center’s 45-minute Take Heart screening, CLICK HERE to SIGN UP, focuses on all of the measurements critical to heart health. The cost is only $55, and the peace of mind it gives is priceless.
The Take Heart screening program includes the following:
- Heart Health Questionnaire
- Resting EKG, interpreted by a board-certified cardiologist
- Body Mass Index (from height and weight measurements)
- Resting blood pressure and heart rate
- Fasting cholesterol test that includes total, LDL and HDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels, and a total/HDL ratio
- Blood glucose (simple sugar) test to screen for diabetes
- Private consultation with a health educator trained in cardiac risk factor management
For more information or to make an appointment, call 360-788-6720.
In Skagit County, San Juan County, Island County and Canada call 1-800-541-7209.
Don’t Be a Statistic
Heart disease is the number one killer of men and women in the United States. Did you also know:
- Approximately one in three people have some form of cardiovascular disease
- 50% of men and 64% of women who die suddenly from a heart attack have no prior symptoms
- Each year, about 60,000 more women than men have a stroke
- Nearly one in three American adults have high blood pressure
- Almost 50% of adults have borderline or high-risk cholesterol levels
- 23% of women age 40+ who have an initial attack die within a year, compared with 18% of men