A Chance to Live Your Life More ComfortablyPalliative care strives to provide you with:
- Expert treatment of pain and other symptoms so you can get the best relief possible.
- Open discussion about treatment choices, including treatment for your disease and management of your symptoms.
- Assistance with completing advance directives, including durable power of attorney forms for medical decisions and physician orders for life-sustaining treatment (POLST) forms.
- Coordination of your care with all of your health care providers.
- Improved communication between you and your health care providers.
- A smooth transition between the hospital and home, hospice or other health care services.
- Emotional and spiritual support for you and your family.
Help with SymptomsPalliative care provides relief from a variety of distressing symptoms. Some examples include:
- Shortness of breath
- Fatigue (tiredness)
- Nausea (the feeling that you might throw-up)
- Loss of appetite
- Problems with sleep
Side effects from medical treatments