The surgery itself is only one part of the joint replacement process. Many other factors contribute to the success of your surgery, including your understanding of the steps before, during and after surgery.
We have implemented a comprehensive planned course of treatment. We believe you play a key role in promoting a successful recovery. Our goal is to involve you in your treatment through each step of the program.
Pre-operative Education Class Before SurgeryThis free orientation Pre-op Education Class covers what you need to be doing to be prepared for surgery, what you need to bring to the hospital, what your days will look like in the hospital after surgery, how you need to have prepared your house for going home, appointments you need to have set up prior to coming into the hospital for right after you are home, and so much more! Coaches (a family member or friend selected by you to assist in the recovery process) are strongly encouraged to attend.
- When: Every Monday from 9:00 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Location: East Tower entrance, Third Floor, ASB Conference Room, PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center, Click Here for Directions and Map (pdf)
- Register: This class should be scheduled two to three weeks prior to your surgery date. Contact us to register when you receive your Guidebook.
- Overview of our Joint Replacement Center
- Frequently asked questions
- Checklist for activities and tasks before surgery
- What to expect during your stay
- Caring for yourself at home
- Readying your home after surgery
- Exercises before and after surgery