The Joint Replacement Center provides you a unique hospital experience by promoting wellness and offering you the opportunity to recover after surgery in a unit dedicated specifically to elective joint replacement patients.
We promote a culture of wellness and early return to mobility. We do this in a number of ways, including:
- You will be able to wear your own clothing after surgery rather than a hospital gown.
- You generally will spend most of your day in a recliner chair, walking in the halls, or in group physical therapy, rather than in bed.
- You will receive a packet of newsletters at the beginning of the week that details expectations for each day's activities.
- Your group physical therapy sessions promote camaraderie, friendly competition and improved outcomes.
- Your progress walking in the unit's 250-foot loop will be tracked on a display board in the unit.
- You and your coach will have group discharge classes to ensure you are prepared to go home.
Our emphasis on group activities, as well as individual care, speeds the recovery time and improves long-term outcomes.