GuidelinesVisitor guidelines are developed on a case-by-case basis as determined by a patient’s care needs. It is recommended that visitors call ahead before they come to visit as the patient’s schedule changes daily.
- Rehabilitation unit quiet time begins at 10 p.m.
- Please refrain from using your cell phone during therapy sessions, while nursing is passing medications or when the doctor is making rounds with your family member.
- Close family and friends who are involved in the patient’s care are welcome to attend therapies to increase their understanding of patient’s care needs.
- Visitors may need to visit on evenings and weekends depending on the rehabilitation patients’ endurance.
- Please use the Chestnut Street entrance. The rehabilitation unit is located on the third floor on the north end of the building.
- Guest trays for family or friends can be ordered so that you can share a meal with the patient. Please discuss this with your patient’s nurse. This needs to be arranged in advance and payment arranged.
- The South Campus deli is located on the ground floor and is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Children ages 12 and under may visit if directly supervised at all times.
- Staff may make recommendations regarding number of visitors and length of visits as patients often need rest between treatments to maximize their improvement.
- Patients have the options of specifying who can visit and when.
- PeaceHealth St. Joseph is a non-smoking facility.
Recreation RoomThe recreation room is a wonderful place for friends and family members to visit patients. There are a variety of activities available for free time use, including a television, DVD/VCR, music, keyboard piano, games, puzzles, art supplies, books, magazines and the daily newspaper, the Bellingham Herald.
The recreation room computer is available on a first come, first serve basis. Our unit is set-up with access to wireless Internet if you wish to bring in your personal laptop.