Apply to Volunteer
EligibilityPeople of all backgrounds volunteer at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center. Basic requirements for volunteering include:
- Volunteers must be at least 17 years of age
- Willingness to make a commitment of four hours per week for a minimum of six months. Any volunteer who wishes to extend that commitment to a greater length of time is welcome to do so.
- Interest in serving others or desire to gain experience in the healthcare field
- Complete an application form: Application forms may be obtained from the Information Desk at the Main Entrance to the hospital or downloaded here (pdf). Completed application forms may be returned by mail or delivered to the Main Campus Information Desk.
- Schedule an interview: After submitting the application form, contact the Volunteer Department at (360) 788-6324 to schedule your personal interview. During the interview, you will be asked to complete a background investigation form and sign up for the Volunteer Orientation Class.
- Complete health screen and tuberculosis (TB) test with Employee Health. During your personal interview, you will be given instruction for scheduling a visit to Employee Health. Emergency Department volunteers are offered the Hepatitis B vaccination series.
- Complete Organizational Integrity Training: During your personal interview, you will be provided with PeaceHealth Organizational Integrity self-study training materials.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation: Volunteer Orientation classes are offered once a month. This is a four-hour class that will introduce you to your role as a volunteer in the medical center. You will have the opportunity to sign up for an orientation class during your personal interview.