Breastfeeding for Health
Breastfeeding is both natural and the best food for your baby. Studies have shown a decrease in illness among breastfed babies. Other studies have shown that breastfeeding increases brain development as the baby receives vital nutrients found only in breast milk.
Did you know?
- Breastfeeding helps with the process of the uterus returning to normal size after delivery
- Breast milk is filled with antibodies transferred from the mother that protects against infection
- Working moms can successfully continue breastfeeding by pumping and storing their milk
Where can I go for help?
- The Pavilion provides Breastfeeding information in our Preparing for Delivery class.
- Click here for class calendar and registration.
- St. John Medical Center offers lactation support during your In-patient stay.
- Out-patient lactation advice and appointments are available after discharge by calling 414-2000 ext. 4950.
- The Pavilion carries Medela nursing bras and breastfeeding supplies.