The Joint Journey is a seven-step program that starts with getting a good diagnosis for your arthritis pain all the way to getting back to the activities you enjoy the most.
How to get a good diagnosis
It starts with talking to your primary care provider about your pain. The options are many and may include physical therapy, losing weight, changing your exercise routine, and learning more. At PeaceHealth Southwest, you'll find plenty of ways to get the information you need.
- Our Arthritis 101: How to relieve joint pain class is offered monthly. Taught by experienced nursing and physical therapy educators, you'll get to ask personalized questions in a small group session. This allows you to get to know the Joint Journey program in this critical good diagnosis stage.
- Our Joint Journey Orientation classes for those scheduled for hip and knee surgery allow you to feel comfortable about what to expect, your time in the hospital, and recovery. These classes are offered weekly for your convenience. What to expect:
- discuss the surgical process and prevention of complications
- familiarize yourself with the team and tour the hospital
- understand the exercises and prepare your home
- provide parking instructions
- discuss pain management
- Talk with a doc seminars are also offered routinely. Check class schedule.
Read past issues of our Bone and Joint newsletter