Breastfeeding Classes & Support Groups
View all Childbirth and Parenting Classes.
For more information, call (360) 514-BABY (2229).
- Learn about breastfeeding during the first hours and days following birth — even if you have nursed before. This class will help you get breastfeeding off to a good start. Partners encouraged to attend. See other class options below which include Breastfeeding class information. Sign up for this class.
Breastfeeding and Baby Care class - Saturday:
- What expectant parents need and want to know about their babies' first months. Explore your newborn's talents, needs, development, and breastfeeding for optimal health. Also includes tools for nurturing and bonding with a newborn, and support resources for new families. If you are signing up for this class, you will not need to sign up for Breastfeeding or Baby Care. Sign up for this class.
- See other class options below which include Breastfeeding and Baby Care information.
Labor, Birth, Breastfeeding and Baby Care Accelerated Class - 4 week series (1 night a week for 4 weeks):
This class is only is only available during the months of November and December. Please see other class packages listed below.
- No time? No problem! Attend our accelerated program that provides you with valuable information to help you through labor, birth and the first few days of having baby at home. Learn about the birth process, hospital procedures, relaxation techniques, medication and intervention options for birth, cesarean birth, newborn care and breastfeeding basics. Sign up for this class.
Labor, Birth, Breastfeeding and Baby Care Class - 5 week series (1 night a week for 5 weeks):
Learn about the wonderful process of birth and everything you need to know for those first few weeks at home with your new baby. This comprehensive series prepares you for both. Topics addressed include breathing techniques, relaxation skills, medications and anesthesia options for pain management. Other topics covered are variations of labor, cesarean birth, newborn care and breastfeeding basics. Register early and plan to take this class during the last two or three months of your pregnancy. This will help insure space availability and that your class finishes before your due date. Sign up for this class.
Labor, Birth Breastfeeding and Baby Care Weekend 3-day series (2-Saturdays and one Sunday):
Same class content as listed in the 5-week series above, but offered in a three day format. Sign up for this class.
Leave your questions on the Breastfeeding Help line, (360) 514-4027. For all other concerns about your infant, call your baby's doctor.
Questions? Concerns? Need some friendly reassurance? Join us on Thursdays in the Family Birth Center Classroom for a casual visit with other breastfeeding moms and a lactation specialist. Due to lack of space and time, no siblings please. You do not need to register for this program.
- Thursdays: Birth - 4 weeks from 12:00-1:15 pm
- Thursdays: 1 month and older from 1:30-2:30 pm
FAMILY BIRTH CENTER PROGRAM POLICY
EXCEPTION: To pay by check, please call (360) 514-BABY (2229).
Cancellation Policy: Refunds are only available for special medical conditions requiring bed rest or in cases where pre-term deliveries occur.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center reserves the right to cancel any class that does not meet minimum enrollment requirements. Should this occur, we will call registered participants to reschedule. If the alternative date is not convenient for you, a full refund will be issued.
Please read our full policy on cancellation, refunds and transfers.