BenefitsCyberKnife offers a minimally invasive alternative treatment option for patients who cannot undergo cancer surgery due to their poor medical condition or who don’t want to undergo surgery.
- Delivers radiation directly to the tumor
- Minimizes exposure to surrounding healthy tissue
- Continually checks and compensates for any movement you make during treatments, ensuring accuracy
- Patient can breathe normally during the treatment sessions
- Achieves surgical-like outcomes, non-invasively
- Requires no recovery time. Most treatments are done on an outpatient basis
- Reduces pain
- Requires only mild sedation
Treatment ProcessThe CyberKnife non-invasive system can pinpoint a tumor’s exact location. An x-ray source located on the CyberKnife's robotic arm delivers concentrated beams of radiation to the tumor from multiple positions and angles. Each individual beam is not strong enough to damage healthy surrounding tissue. The beams are targeted to intersect at the tumor, where their combined strength is intense.
CyberKnife treatments are typically performed on an outpatient basis over a period of one to five days, requiring no overnight hospital stays. Most patients experience minimal to no side effects with a quick recovery time.
PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center
400 NE Mother Joseph PlVancouver, WA 98664