BenefitsCyberKnife offers a minimally invasive alternative treatment option for bladder and kidney cancer patients who cannot undergo cancer surgery due to their poor medical condition or who don’t want to undergo surgery.
- Delivers radiation directly to the tumor
- Minimizes exposure to surrounding healthy tissue
- Continually checks and compensates for any movement you make during treatments, ensuring accuracy
- Patient can breathe normally during the treatment sessions
- Achieves surgical-like outcomes, non-invasively
- Requires no recovery time. Most treatments are done on an outpatient basis
- Reduces pain
- Requires only mild sedation
Treatment ProcessWhile conventional radiation therapy doesn’t do as well in the treatment of these kinds of lesions, CyberKnife’s ablative radiation dose is quite effective in destroying or shrinking them. This is done by applying a high dose of radiation directly to the tumor; the physician has a higher success rate in reducing the tumor. In addition, CyberKnife continually checks and compensates for any movement you or the tumor makes during the treatment. This allows the radiation to zero in on the tumor and help reduce harming the healthy tissue. During the treatment a patient can relax and breathe normally while the doctor performs the treatment. As a result, CyberKnife is more comfortable for patients and treatments can be completed in one to five sessions.
CyberKnife treatments are typically performed on an outpatient basis over a period of one to five days, requiring no overnight hospital stays. Most patients experience minimal to no side effects with a quick recovery time.
400 NE Mother Joseph PlVancouver, WA 98664