Advance Directives

Five Wishes and your healthcare directives

  • We truly value the rights of our patients.
  • We will carry out your wishes according to your advance directive.
  • We have adopted the Five Wishes program to help you tell us how you want to be treated if you become seriously ill. 
  • To obtain a copy, please ask your care provider for your free copy of Five Wishes. Or, you may contact Patient Relations at (360) 514-2286.

Other Advance Directives

  • Health Care Advance Directive — Should you be unable to communicate your wishes or treatment for end of life care, an Advance Directive communicates your wishes to care partners and caregivers, and it allows you to name someone you trust to act as your Health Care Agent. Click here to download a Health Care Advance Directive.
  • Power of Attorney for Healthcare (DPOA-H) — You may appoint a person to act as your agent for health care matters if you become unable to communicate your wishes or unable to decide for yourself. Click here to download a Power of Attorney for Healthcare.
  • Physicians Order for Life Sustaining Treatment (POLST) — You and your doctor complete and sign this form so that Emergency Medical Technicians, nurses and other doctors follow your doctor’s orders for your care should you be unable to communicate. Display the original green form in a prominent place where you reside and bring it with you to the hospital. Click here to download a brochure with information about POLST or a wallet card detailing your wishes regarding life-sustaining treatment.
  • Mental Health Advance Directive (MHAD) — This form is available through your mental health provider. It is used to outline your wishes for mental health treatment in the event that you are unable to communicate effectively. Click here to download a Mental Health Advance Directive.
For more information about healthcare directives, ask your care provider.