James M. Douglas Jr., MD, FACS, FCCP
Practice LocationCardiothoracic Surgery
Dr. Douglas has authored journal articles and textbook chapters on topics including mitral and tricuspid valve surgery, ischemic heart disease and thoracoscopic surgery. He was a featured surgeon on the television program “The Operation” which aired on the Learning Channel and the Discovery Channel.
Dr. Douglas has been an experienced practioner of complex mitral valve repair since 1989. He pioneered minimally invasive coronary artery bypass surgery at St. Joseph Hospital in 1995. His current efforts are focused on the critical assessment and advancement of minimally invasive techniques for treatment of valvular heart disease, ischemic heart disease and surgical treatment of atrial fibrillation.
Scope of Practice
- Duke University School of Medicine -– MD Degree
- Duke University Medical Center -– General and Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency
- Duke University Medical Center -– Cardiac Surgery Fellowship
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of American College of Chest Physicians
- Washington State