Surgical Services - Wound & Ostomy
Services & Care
The Wound and Ostomy Department provides services to patients with impairment of skin integrity or with altered bowel and bladder functions. Our activities encompass diagnostic evaluation, therapy and education of the patient, family and public. We handle care coordination and discharge planning for both acute and ambulatory patients. Wound and ostomy specialists work as part of the health care team in all hospital departments, outpatient clinics and contract wound services in the community. We provide care, treatment and services in an interdisciplinary, collaborative manner, as appropriate to the needs of the patient.
Patient demographics include pre-term infants through senior adults. The Wound and Ostomy Nurse provides care for patients with treatment and educational needs that range from basic to critically ill.
Frequent Procedures, Services & Functions
Wound and Ostomy services encompass inpatient and outpatient services. Therapy includes, but is not limited to:
- Evaluation of wounds and formulating a plan of care
- Pre- and post-op ostomy evaluation and plan of care
- Pressure ulcer prevention and treatment
- Pressure ulcer prevalence and incident monitoring
- Specialty support surface management
- Staff education related to Wound and Ostomy
- Resource to physicians, staff and community. Therapy plan will be developed to meet patient’s needs, strengths, limitations and goals. Plan will be age-specific.
All parking is free for patients and visitors to Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend. View map of clinic location, driving and parking directions.
Sacred Heart Wound & Ostomy
3333 RiverBend Drive, 2nd floor
Springfield, OR 97477
This clinic is licensed as part of PeaceHealth Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend. You may receive a separate charge or billing for facility fees in addition to any professional fees for services, which may result in a higher out-of-pocket expense.