Cancer Care Eugene/Springfield
Cancer Care at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart
Every cancer patient is unique, and every cancer diagnosis is unique. The best and most effective cancer care comes from a team of specialists working together to meet your individual needs. At Sacred Heart, we collaborate with the Willamette Valley Cancer Institute and Research Center, Oregon Imaging Centers, and other experts in cancer care.
At PeaceHealth Sacred Heart, cancer care is:
- Coordinated. Surgeons, oncologists, radiologists, pathologists and other specialists all work together on your behalf. They meet regularly to discuss patients’ diagnoses and refine treatment plans. Specially trained staff members support you on your cancer journey. Click to read more about our team.
- Innovative. You have access to breakthrough technologies and treatments not available at all medical centers, including
- Gamma Knife for non-invasive brain surgery
- Da Vinci robotic-assisted surgery
- IGRT, or image-guided radiation therapy with CT scan
- Radiosurgery, including body radiosurgery
- Clinical trials of new treatments
- Expert. Many of the doctors who care for cancer patients at PeaceHealth Sacred Heart are leaders in their field.
- Patient-centered. You are the center of the cancer care team. The medical care, nutrition counseling, support groups and other patient services offered by Sacred Heart and its partners in cancer care are all here to support you.
- Convenient. Most of your doctor visits and other services are all on the beautiful RiverBend medical campus, designed for your healing. Inpatient care is provided in our oncology unit on the 8th floor of PeaceHealth Sacred Heart at RiverBend.