Back On Track Program
The Back On Track Program at Sacred Heart Medical Center's Joint Replacement Center promotes wellness and offers you the opportunity to recover after surgery in a unit dedicated specifically to elective joint replacement patients.
The Back On Track Program promotes a culture of wellness and an early return to mobility. This is achieved in a number of ways, including:
- You will be able to wear your own clothing after your surgery rather than a hospital gown.
- You will generally spend most of your day in a recliner chair, walking in the halls or in group physical therapy, rather than in your hospital bed.
- You will receive a daily newsletter with your breakfast to share the expectations for the day's activities.
- Your group physical therapy sessions promote camaraderie, friendly competition and improved outcomes.
- Your progress walking around the unit will be tracked on a large display board located in the Joint Replacement Center.
- You and your coach will have a group discharge class to ensure you are prepared to go home.
The emphasis on group activities, as well as individualized care, speeds your recovery time and improves long-term outcomes.
To learn more about the Back on Track program or to schedule an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, call 541-868-0881 or 541-222-6245. Make sure to ask for the Back on Track program.