Visiting and Calling the NICU
The NICU is open to parents 24 hours a day.
Parents may call the NICU any time*, day or night, to get information about their baby’s condition:
- From inside Sacred Heart: Call 6916
- From outside Sacred Heart (local call): Call (541) 222-6916
- From outside Sacred Heart (long distance, toll-free): Call (800) 925-5962
*Please avoid calling during shift changes, when nurses consult with one another about your baby’s care:
- 7 to 7:30 a.m.
- 3 to 3:30 p.m.
- 11 to 11:30 p.m.
Relatives and friends may visit your baby. They are asked to follow these guidelines:
- Avoid visiting during shift changes (see times above).
- At least one of the baby’s parents must be present.
- No more than three people (including the parent) may visit at a time.
- All visitors must scrub their hands for three minutes, according to directions from NICU staff, before each visit. This careful hand-washing is necessary to protect our infants from infection.
Lockers are provided for extra belongings. You must bring your own padlock.