Radiation OncologyRadiation Therapy is an effective treatment for slowing or stopping the growth of tumors. Because it is helpful in preventing cancer cells from growing and multiplying, it is often used as part of a multidisciplinary treatment for cancer.
Radiation TeamYour radiation team at PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center works together in a collaborative effort across many specialties to customize your treatment. The goals of treatment are to minimize side effects and to achieve your best outcome with the least amount of damage to surrounding healthy tissue. Experienced professionals including physicians, physicists, therapists, nurses and dosimetrists work in concert to develop a therapy plan that is tailored to your body and your condition.
Radiation ServicesBecause radiation therapy must be customized for each patient, from deciding treatment energies and modifying dosage to directing the precise location and angle of the beam, PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center offers a variety of radiation delivery techniques to serve our patients. These technologies avoid damage to normal tissue by delivering radiation to tumors with varying beam intensities, shapes, paths, and angles.
- CyberKnife® radiosurgery suite with precise robotic technology, cameras and speaker system for image-guided, bloodless surgery treatment
- Clinac 23X with dual-energy photon and electron beams
- Linear accelerators
- Diagnostic PET/CT
- Radiography-based simulation room and CT scanners
- Customized patient treatment device fabrication
- Image-Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy (IMRT)
- High Dose Radiotherapy (HDR) with specialization in APBI or Accelerated Partial Breast Irradiation
400 NE Mother Joseph PlVancouver, WA 98664